Hi, My name is Cathy Wang.
People on the internet call me cathycracks.
Dreamer of the future. Cathy is always looking for ways to apply design thinking to solve complex problems. Cathy builds businesses and open new markets based on the belief that the design thinking can really change the world. She has worked across the globe in North America, EU, and MENA serving the world’s biggest corporations providing innovation consulting.
Cathy can be found mostly in London, building future-forward vision and foster sustainable innovation ecosystem through her work in organisational transformation. She also acts as advisor for various startups.
She practices and talks about business strategy and service design, with a focus on human emotion.
I discover opportunities with a focus on finding ways to support innovation development while feeding back to the larger eco-system. I believe that technology is the fundamental driver for growth and meaningful social impact.
Some interesting things that I have done / been doing these days aside from doing digital transformation work:
- Sit on the national executive committee for the future-focused political party Transhumanist UK
- Advise startups (i.e. works.io and dasdata)
- co-authored a book on python tools for visual studio
- Founded a boutique service design agency in the Nordics serving global clients
I designed multiple award-winning products and services. I am excited by elegant and holistic solutions.
I am fluent in English and Mandarin, conversational in Japanese. Learning Italian and Arabic.
Born in Taiwan, grew up in Vancouver, Canada.
Lived in Hokkaido Japan and Tallinn Estonia. Nomad through Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Dubai.
These days I call London home.
- Panelist on Facebook Elegant tools event | 2016
- Better Service through business design
UX Istanbul | 2016
- The design thinking transformation for business
Webvisions Barcelona | 2015
UCD Conference | 2015
- The designer’s view to anti-sexism
From the Front, Bologna | 2015
- Customer Experience driven services and products
World Usability Day Minsk | 2014
TopConf Tallinn | 2014
- Crafting experience strategy between business, UX and service design
UX Strategies Summit | 2014
UX Cambridge | 2014
- The future in designing for the sex(es)
UX Scotland | 2013
- Visiting Lecturer for School of Creative Arts.
University of Hertfordshire | 2014
- Introduction to Service design for Translink
Translink, corporate workshop | 2012
- Building User Experience
Tallinn Technical University, guest lecture | 2010
- Podcast Clinic
Yaris works, Toyota event, workshop. Seattle | 2007
- Podcast on the floor
Innotech, workshop. Portland | 2006